Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher is running through a full cycle continuously.

Customer Question

My dishwasher is running through a full cycle continuously. Is it on timer how can I shut it off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't open the dishwasher as it is running
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Does it not stop when you open the door? Opening the door should stop the cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it stopped. W10438345B?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's a part number not the model unfortunately. The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MDB7749SBM1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect, thank you. So there are only 2 things that will cause the dishwasher to run indefinitely. Either your control board inside the door has failed and will need to be replaced, or your turbidity sensor below the sump has failed and needs to be replaced. To know which one is faulty, just run the dishwasher and listen as it washes. If it drains every 20 minutes and then refills and washes and just keeps doing that over and over, you have a bad turbidity sensor which thinks the water is dirty so it keeps draining the water out and filling up with fresh water. If the dishwasher just keeps washing and doesn't stop to drain, you have a bad control board. The control board is part number W10595570 and costs about $90. Below is a link to the part. The turbidity sensor is W10705575. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?