Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Have changed water sensor level, computer, water inlet valves,

Customer Question

Have changed water sensor level, computer, water inlet valves, cleaned drain basket, and still either get F-35 or F-20 codes. Machine Model No# ***** Serial No.# ***** and machine still does fill with water nor wash my clothes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Which control board have you replaced this model has three electronic controls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A KQ D Farthest one back on right hand side
Ok I have no idea what you mean by A KQ D ?But the rear one on top is the CCU main control board .Can I have the part number of the CCU and the water inlet pressure switch that you replace?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More background on repair, called service tech , he changed all these parts, to no avail, looks like part 71 88890-07 and W10156258
They have been here 5 times and still machine is not working, so they gave up, If I set machine to fast wash I get the most water in, and will run threw its cycle.
ok the part number of W10156258 is a main control board (CCU) but not for your model.The manufactures call for a CCU of W10157913 for model number of WFW9600TA01And number of 71 88890-07 is not a Whirlpool part number. the manufacture calls for the pressure switch part number W10415587Do you know does the F20 show up at the first fill of the wash or later on in the rinse fill mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The F20 show up later, like going into the rinse, but the water level is real low. Sometimes on the regular wash IX will get a F35 code, after the wash cycle
ok if it is in the or before the rinse fill .has any one looked at the flow meter right behind the dispenser ?and the F35 is a error code ((If this failure is displayed, there is any malfunction of the steamer component detected by the Steamer Electronic Board.)Has any one looked at and or replace the steamer board ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flow meter taken out and check for obstruction, that was clear.
To my knowledge the steamer board has not been replaced. The original problem was a F35 code.
when the flow meter was out was it tested for resistance ,that is what tells the load sense switch if the tub is full of water or not.Do you have a Volt -Oh meter to be able to test the flow meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flow meter tested by blowing thru it.
I do have a Simpson 120 VOM
yes gently blow through the flow meter you will have continuity and loose it get it and loose it ,the control counts the continuity to tell water volume into the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why does water level only come up so far on different cycles?
The F20 appears before rinse cycle.
As the rinse cycle is filling with water? before it ever actually starts to agitate the rinse water The different selections have different water levels programmed into the electronic control board. the first fill (wash fill it energized by the control and is controlled by time only )The flow meter measures the amount of water that comes in during the first (wash ) fill and the tells the control this is how much water is needed the next (rinse ) fill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wash fill is where I do not get enough water, yet the hot and cold valves are opening.
No F20 is after it starts agitating water.
ok that is what I asked earlier possibly we misunderstood each other when you said it was later in the cycle ,so when you get the f-20 has the water already stopped coming in for the Wash fill and the washer has started to agitate the water then you get the code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but not all the time, the unit will run thru its cycles without any codes, but their is not enough water to properly wash clothes.
what type of detergent do you use?HE or non HE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He, and I do not hard water or water softener, have run clean cycle at least three times.
Hardness has nothing to do with the issue or even the washer operation .but when you use the clean cycle are you using a washer cleaner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as per instructions, 2/3 cup bleach.
And how much Detergent per load do you use?bleach is not a cleaner ,if anything your just killing mildew. you need to purchase a washer cleaner that dissolves detergent and minerals that have accumulated in the washer tubs ,hoses and pump. I recommend AFFRESH http://www.affresh.com/our_products/affresh_washer_cleaner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Detergent used is 1/4 cup or less.
Have run AFFRESH thru machine 1Tbs clean, 1Tbs clean, washed clothes normal, washer did not improve.
ok detergent is good and the cleaner is that tablespoon or tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tablet 1
I do not think this is some thing that can be properly diagnosis over the computer if in home servicers can not figure it our in front of the unit.I can only recommend to call for service on it call whirlpool lodge a complaint so it is on record with the manufacture , and if nothing elese ask for a totally different service company to come look at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Will I be charged?
no i did not send you an answer rating link I only get paid if you rate me ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** book your rated No.# ***** (1) Thanks for all your help.
Jack
no problem if you do want to rate me here is the link it will come with this post , but not pushing you!If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.