Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Every time I open my microwave door I lose power to the unit

Customer Question

Every time I open my microwave door I lose power to the unit I have replaced the circuitboard temperature fuse me use I need someone to help me with this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? When you open the door do you mean the unit goes dead no light ,no display or that the unit just stops running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already had a conversation with you about this microwave. You told me to replace the main circuit board. How do I link you to our last conversation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2009 1200 watt kitchenaid Microwave...
2009 1200 watt kitchenaid Microwave model khms2050sss-2 When the microwave is in use, sometimes the unit will loose power completely. (As if it was unplugged), but then then will come back on about 2 minutes later. I have unplugged the unit and then plugged it back in and it will turn back ... view full
06 June 2015 11:29
I found it ,and you have replaced thermostats also it looks like .and it will turn off /go dead at times when not even it use correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. it goes off as soon as I open the door. When it not in use
and you have tested the voltage coming to the microwave to be able to say it always has voltage even when the microwave is dead?Because the cord comes in the microwave then to a inline noise filter( filters out electrical noise on the power supply lines) then out of the filter to a inline fuse (the fuse is a one time fuse ) when it goes bad it has to be replaced before the microwave will power up again .then from the fuse right to the main control power relay board . so if it is not the board ,I would suggest opening the unit back up and test all the connections on the black and brown wires to the control board you may have a loose wire and the open and close action of the door is making and breaking a contact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that the 1st time. Is there anything else that can be done?
I would take the unit down remove the wrapper /cover and with your meter when it shuts down start testing to see where you have lost voltage at.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to call a local appliance professional.
ok no problem !glad to assist you anytime. If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.