Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I recently bought am lg washer which unfortunately got

Customer Question

Hi . I recently bought am lg washer which unfortunately got powered in high voltage. Now not powering
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi . I recently bought am lg washer which...
Hi . I recently bought am lg washer which unfortunately got powered in high voltage. Now not powering.The display can't go on and the machine locked my clothes it. Advice needed
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.There are 2 parts that can cause this unit to act completely dead if you're sure the washer is getting power from your house. Either the noise filter assembly has failed, or the main control board has failed. Both of these parts are located inside the control panel, so you need to test the noise filter. Below is a picture of the noise filter you need to locate inside the control panel. There is a white and a red plug in on this filter. Check all the wires on the red side and one of them should have 120 volts. On the white end one of them should have 120 volts. If one side has 120 volts but the other side does NOT have 120 volts, then you have a bad filter board that will need to be replaced. Otherwise, you'll need to order and replace the main control board because it's shorted for some reason.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello thank you. The machine is powering but not not running. It control board in the front now lights up.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK and your not getting any error codes? Can you select between the different cycles and option? When the door lock when you press start? What exactly is going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's selects all functions but the water does not get into machine. Drum rotates no sound of water getting into machine inspire having water in tap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's selects all functions but the water does not get into machine. Drum rotates no sound of water getting into machine inspite having water in tap
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That is a lot different than the original complaint you gave. But if it's not getting water, you'll need to test power at the solenoids on the electronic water valve to see if you get 110 volts to any of the solenoids between the 2 wires going to each solenoid. If you have 110 volts to any solenoid and water isn't entering, you need to replace that water valve assembly (this is the part that your water supply hoses connect to). If you're not getting 110 volts, you need a new main control board in the back left corner of your washer. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is when I try to read your answers through your website, it can't open up it shows server off so am not getting full answers to my question
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure why that is--I've never had a customer state that problem before. I can send an option for a phone call if you wanted to accept that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a better feedback. My electrician has just left. So will get to you Saturday as tomorrow it's a bank holiday here
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK well at this point you know all the possibilities so I wish you the best. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The machine keeps going off now after fixing the PCB. When you remove and replace the yellow plug in the PCB, it goes back on. Any answer why?!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you have a bad main control board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?