Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Frigidaire model number FRS26R2AW3 model number. It

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire model number FRS26R2AW3 model number. It is a side by side fridge and freezer with ice and water dispenser. It completely stopped cooli g and freezing about 4 days ago. I never unpluged it but did take all of the food out, when we caught it.
It is now 3days later and the ice machine dropped Ice again and I opened the fridge or is at a normal temp. I nervous aboutputting the food back in if it happens again. Please advise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
when it wasnt cooling ,did you hear any weird noises like a buzz or hum ,click? or was it completely quiet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really wasnt doing anything. But all of the sudden last night it just started working again and has been since. Conincidently my air conditioner froze up last weekend as well. Is there a possibility that there was to much moisture in my house and both appliances froze on the coils and needed to unthaw?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
IF it was really hot the compressor may have shut down and caused cooling issues ,if it was completely quiet it could have been stuck in a defrost mode? which would require a defrost timer ..too much moisture ? not likely but not impossible ..if it ever does it again ? take note of whether you hear the fans running and the compressor hum ..or if it is quiet..sometimes a glitch can happen and weird things can occur ,sounds like that may have been the case in your fridge