Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Miele dishwasher keeps displaying "F 14" when I try to start

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher keeps displaying "F 14" when I try to start it on any function. It sounds like it starts and then stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
F14 is a an error code that means the unit doesn't think it's filling up with enough water because the heater switch isn't being depressed. When the error happens look inside the unit and look at the water level compared to the filter handle. It should be just below the filter handle touching the bottom fo the handle. If it's lower than that, you may have a bad water valve or bad water pressure from your house. If the water level is correct, then you have a big issue because either your circulation pump is creating enough force to activate you heater level switch, or your heater level switch is defective and the part will need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the dishwasher is brand new, never used. We have two of them and the other works fine so I can't imagine the water pressure is the issue? I will give you a great rating... Promise!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Well the issue means that it doesn't think it's getting enough water so either it's not getting enough water or the circulation pump isn't running. The water level should be at the bottom of the filter handle below the bottom rack if it's filling up with the correct amount of water. If it's not getting to that point, call warranty if you're sure it has good water pressure because something is going on with your water inlet system.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?