Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My husband is trying to connect water to our new refrigerator.

Customer Question

My husband is trying to connect water to our new refrigerator. He has connected to our plumbing, I know it takes a while for the icemaker to initiate, but he isn't getting water through the door either...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
How long has he tried to run the water? The water reservoir must fill up first so it can take up to about 3 minutes before water actually comes out of the dispenser when you first connect water to the unit. If you've definitely tried that long then do you have a model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's pressing it now; he says it sounds like he's burning up a motor. He says it's counting the ounces and he's past 100.
Item # ***** Model # *****
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well if it's not dispensing and this is the first time it's been connected, then it sounds like he just connected the water inlet incorrectly or no water is getting to the refrigerator. Possibly there is an issue with the filter but this is a very new unit so if you're sure you have connected the water properly and water is getting to the refrigerator and the filter is installed properly, call warranty if it's less than a year old and they will replace whatever has failed.