Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher was halted by an overloaded outlet. I turned

Customer Question

My dishwasher was halted by an overloaded outlet. I turned the power back on at the power panel outside. After I used it, emptied it and was reloading it I noticed 2 inches of
standing water in the bottom. Now what?????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. So unfortunately this isn't the easiest problem to track down because to start you'll need to remove the dishwasher to access the drain line to check the problem. You'll want to remove the drain pump and check for glass or anything else inside the pump itself that might be blocking the impeller from moving. If you find nothing, then re-install the drain pump and if you have a multimeter test voltage down to the drain pump when the dishwasher should be draining. If you have 110 volts and the dishwasher wont drain into a 5 gallon bucket, replace the drain pump. If you don't get 110 volts, replace the main control board because it's not sending power to the drain pump. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?