John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kenmore 90!series dryer. It won't start. I checked

Customer Question

I have a kenmore 90!series dryer. It won't start. I checked the thermal cut off, thermostat, start button and door circuit all ok. Can manually turn drum belt ok. When I press the start button I can hear clicking for a few seconds then nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.this model has a broken belt switch on it also have you checked the belt ? from the front
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the belt is intact and I can manually turn the drum.
ok I`m assuming that you have a volt ohm meter ,have you tested the incoming voltage to the dryer at the line cord attachment?and have you tested for voltage to the control board or the timer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a ohm meter I will check those.
ok let me know what you find and where you tested please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so not sure how to do those checks. I have the panel off and access to the control board and timer. How do I check it and how do I check the line cord attachment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Really trying to save this dryer as I hate the new models. Have tested and changed eating element, thermal cutoff and thermostat. Worked well for 6- 8 months. Also completely took dryer and drum out and cleaned and again worked perfect for 6-8 months until now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops that would be heating element. Sure you knew that.
ok first off if you are testing for voltage the power has to be on to the product.Test the terminal block in the rear where the cord attaches to the dryer From Red to Black for 240 volts A/C and then from Red to white for 120 Volts A/C and the from Black to White also for 120 volts A/CThen on the electronic control with the timer to turn to any drying function test the PT-1 black to the P2-6 Blue for 120 volts A/CAnd after setting the timer and now then press the start button test the Blue /black tracer on P1-5 to the P2-6 Blue wire looking for 120 volts A/C
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok got it. Will take a little while I have to go pick up children. Thanks
ok no problem!just use caution you are working on live voltage.