Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

All 4 igniters started sparking reason.

Customer Question

all 4 igniters started sparking for no reason.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
Seems you got a short on one of the knob. The switch that triggers the spark is coming from either any of the knob once you press it down. Now, even you have not pressed any knob, it is just sparking. One of the switch on one of the knob could have shorted out.
Thanks,
francis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could have ? they are turn dials. and I was in the living room when it just started sparking "all of them".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they were all off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i got the same answer from the internet. Could be might be no other ideas. REALLY !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet response was free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expected more from a professional.
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
Yes Sir/Mam. A switch could suddenly short out anytime. That is how the sparkler works. it would wait for a knob to be pushed down before it would create a spark. So one of the switch shorted out even though nothing is pushed down a knob.
Thanks
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
You can try pressing the knobs one by one, ignite the range and maybe, you can dis lodge the shorted switch .
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
what is your phone number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lifted the front panel off the sparking is just 1 faint clicking now it has stopped all together
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't call
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
Ok...so when you lifted up the front panel, the spark went off. There is the problem. There is a switch on the panel that is shorting out and causing the sparkler to turn on.
If you can unplug the unit, or turn it off on the breaker, then you can manually check the wires going to each switch on each knob and maybe, there is a loose wire that could be causing the problem.
Thanks,
Francis
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
I have to log off. Please leave your question if you have and I will answer them as soon as I log back in.
Thanks,
Francis