Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My vissani wine cooler stopped cooling and sounds like the

Customer Question

My vissani wine cooler stopped cooling and sounds like the compressor tries to kick on but doesn't - just a loud click noise. I unlpugged and noticed that the compressor was very warm to the touch. I was going to let cool and try to plug in again. Any other suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
does your model have a fan beside the compressor? if so the fan should be running to cool the compressor down ,if no fan then the comptessor is just faulty , if you have a amp meter? you can check the amperage draw when it starts or tries to start ,if it is drawing high amps 10+ ?compressor is faulty..you can try cooling it down and see if it starts..but if it continually cuts off on the overload then the compressor is having a hard time starting..check your sealed system warranty?compressors are usually covered for a longer period than the standard 1 year