Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

We have a Monogram ZIC360N refrigerator. We have two issues. The display is not working

Customer Question

We have a Monogram ZIC360N refrigerator.
We have two issues.
The display is not working correctly. It reads “5555” or “4444” for both the freezer and refrigerator outputs. We can change these numbers by pressing the temperature keys and they will go up or down. The unit is keeping temperature just fine. So this is an annoyance – but it causes me to wonder.
The second issue is that the ice maker or a component of the ice maker leaks very bad. The bottom of the freezer fills with water and then water overflows to the floor. I must cut off the unit and let everything warm up for ½ day. It will be fine for a month and then I have to do it all over. I really do not think the ice maker itself is leaking – I have pulled it and cannot find any obvious problem.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
That indicates a lack of communication between the temperature control board and the main board . The temp board would need replacing. Besides being held in by screws it is also sealed with RTV silicone which must be cut with a utility knife and resealed . The part number is ***** and available from www.repairclinic.com for one source. Your other issue is not the ice maker. There is a trough under the evaporator in the freezer ( remove the inside back wall of the freezer ) The trough has a hole that lets defrost water drain to a pan underneath the fridge and if he drain gets clogged the water eventually goes on the freezer floor and then on your house floor . The trough must be thawed of ice and then the hole flushed - a turkey baster and HOT water work well for this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Since the only issue is the display do I need to replace this board? I just don't want to go to this trouble and expense for a read out.With regard to the water on the floor. There is a lot of water. Perhaps a cup or more. Is that what one would expect for a defrost water drain?Thank you so much for your assistance.
As long as it is working otherwise , no you don't have to replace the temp board , and yes that is about right for the amount of water.