Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our ge side by side refrigerator is not cooling after a power

Customer Question

Our ge side by side refrigerator is not cooling after a power outage.
model GSH25JSTA SS
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Home phone(###) ###-####The refrigerator IS getting power. But the fan is not running.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is***** you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Remove the connection at the fan motor that is not operating and if you have a meter to test for DC voltage check for 12 volts DC. If you have voltage replace the fan motor. If you do not have voltage then replace the main control board on the rear of the refrigerator under the smaller cover. Be sure to follow the instruction sheet that comes with the new board and be sure the refrigerator is disconnected from the wall outlet before removing that cover. Voltage will be present. Please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you, Thanks and have a wonderful day, Bryan