Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MBF2258XEB4 fridge-evap was icing up last month.

Customer Question

I have a Maytag MBF2258XEB4 fridge-evap was icing up last month. I found no continuity on defrost switch-defrost heater had continuity. I replaced defrost switch-worked up until 2 days ago-evap solid ice. I checked heater-has continuity-defrost switch has none-does switch need to be cold to test properly?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So yes, the defrost thermostat must be below 32 degrees to test it. Then if it doesn't have continuity you need to return it and replace it because it came faulty. Other than that if both the heater and the thermostat check good, you have a bad defrost control. The defrost control is built into the display board in the top of the refrigerator so the entire display board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for display board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?