Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Have a Bosch Axxis WTA 3510 electric dryer. The male door

Customer Question

Have a Bosch Axxis WTA 3510 electric dryer. The male door latch broke off in the door switch. Have replaced the male door latch (a $5 part). If I can't get the broken part lodged in the door switch, will replace the door switch (a $94 part which I have). My question is: "How do I remove the door switch so I can make the replacement?"
Took the door off and removed the obvious screws in the front, but front panel will not come off. Front control panel seems to be holding it in place.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here and I can help you today. I would need the full model number so I can look up the diagrams and exploded views to help you better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTA3510US
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the model number. There are a few screws on the top panel that will need to be removed first. They are on the back of the rear of the top panel. Remove this and then remove the top panel. This will give you access to the screws holding the front panel on. remove this and remove the front panel. Also remember to remove the screws not he from to the door where the lint trap is. Without those removed the door will not come off. With the door off you will see the screws holding the door latch onto the cabinetry. And you can then easily remove the connector and screws holding the latch in place so you can swap it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Front panel hanging up at base. Don't see any other screws and am afraid I might break some plastic holding clips .
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Have you removed the lower panel at very bottom of the dryer? There are few screws that you may need to remove from behind the lower front panel.