Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Randy I have a lg lfc20770st. I am trying to replace the

Customer Question

Hi Randy I have a lg lfc20770st. I am trying to replace the ice maker. can not depress tabs on either side of ice maker,your thoughts . Also looks like one side is not connected
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your icemaker replacement today. This should be fairly simple to replace. Below is a video that shows you exactly how to replace the icemaker in your freezer. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer does not address the problem.I saw this video befor I cantacted you.The problem is that depressing the tabs does not release the ice maker.I used a screw driver just like the video showed. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK well I'm not sure what to say, that is exactly how you remove the icemaker, the video proves there are no other hidden tricks. Make sure that you use your screwdriver and pull the handle of the screwdriver OUT away from the icemaker to release the plastic tab above it because the tab needs to be pushed inwards. You'll need to just pry harder and pull harder. As I said, there are no "tricks" the video shows it all.