Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a bosch 500next series dryer that works couple

Customer Question

I have a bosch 500next series dryer that works for a couple of loads then just starts for a
split second . If you let it cool down(wait a while),it works again for a couple of loads.
Is this a sign of a motor getting weak?
thanks,
dry sometimes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You are exactly correct. The problem is that the thermal cut out inside the motor is triggering which happens if the motor starts to overheat caused by the friction of the bearings in the motor as the motor gets older. You'll need to replace the motor to resolve this issue or if it doesn't affect you too much yet since it takes quite a few cycles to get it to the overheating point, you can hold off on replacing the motor until the issue progresses and shuts down sooner. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?