Rico_Soma
Rico_Soma, Customer Service
Experience:  Gas service manager
94766

I would like to disconnect a gas range and also

Customer Question

I would like to disconnect a gas range for removal and also a dishwasher. What would be the procedures to do this? Also, what kind of professional technician can perform this work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rico_Soma replied 1 year ago.
A plumber can do both. Most ranges utilize a flexible connector to make the final connection to the gas line so the shut off/gas cock for the range would be shut off, the connector would be disconnected from the range and the gas line and the gas line (must be) gets capped. For the DW the access panel (at the toe kick on most units) is removed, the water to the DW is shut off then the water line disconnected at the DW as well as the drain hose where it connects to the sink drain or disposal. That drain connection is capped so it doesn't leak if the sink will be used before the new unit is installed. The water line usually isn't capped since the shut off should hold tight