Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch model SHE 3AR56UC/07, installed 7/20/12. Cycle aborts

Customer Question

Bosch model SHE 3AR56UC/07, installed 7/20/12. Cycle aborts with vessel not draining and soap dish not emptying. We have determined drain line is clear, not plugged.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, so if the washer just stops mid cycle and turns the clean light on like it's complete, you either have a bad drain or a bad control board. You'd need to uninstall the dishwasher, remove the left side panel, start a cycle and wait until after it fills to test power going to the drain pump through the right side of the dishwasher. If you're not getting 120 volts down to the pump, then you need a new control board. If you are getting 120 volts, then you'd need to remove the drain pump and check for a blockage in case something is blocking the drain impeller because the dishwasher aborts when it detects the drain pump pulling too much power---by far the most likely culprit will be the drain pump or something hitting the impeller.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?