Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire range model number RE36BNL*2 and it

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Frigidaire range model number RE36BNL*2 and it is giving me F2 and F3 error codes and then the oven turns itself off. This usually happens after about 15 minutes bake time. At the same time, one of the burners blew up on the stovetop. I went and bought a new one and plugged it in but it won't work. The other 3 burners still work fine. No repair people in my area. Any ideas what parts I need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.F2 and F3 do both mean that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. Below is a link to the sensor since that is the most likely part to fail. It costs about $28 for this model. CLICK HERE for sensor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.