Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Code sy cf... Fan motor is running ... Now what?

Customer Question

code sy cf... Fan motor is running ... Now what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Error Sy CF means that your condenser fan motor isn't running properly. This fan is the one back by the compressor so you'll need to pul the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel. Look for a blockage if something is stopping the fan blade from moving. If you find nothing, then the fan motor itself would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?