Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire refrigerator model # ***** is not working

Customer Question

My Frigidaire refrigerator model # ***** is not working properly and has two error codes displayed on the front door panel. Under Freezer code "SY" and under Refrig "EF".
I was wondering what the codes meant and whether it was something I could fix and,m if not, approx cost to repair?? The refrigerator was purchased in Oct 2012.
Gerry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.This error code means that the evaporator fan motor isn't spinning properly. You'll need to remove the back panel inside the freezer and see if there is any frost or ice build up prevening the fan from moving properly and if so, use a hair dryer to thaw it out. If you don't find frost build up, below is a link to the fan motor you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue. CLICK HERE for evaporator fan motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?