Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a miele cva 615 coffee system and I think I just short

Customer Question

I have a miele cva 615 coffee system and I think I just short circuited it. I plugged it in and turned it on and there was a loud pop/click from the back right corner of the machine, the breaker tripped, and a fuse was blown (the 3.15A fuse just in front of the large heat sync on the power board). There was a ground write not attached to its place that touched a wire on the heater and caused a short, it was spot welded on. I replaced the fuse and connected the ground wire, but still all I get is the display lights up with a bar all the way across the top row of the display. I hoped replacing the fuse would do it, but no luck. Any help would save me a costly bill and be much appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the short backfed through the electrical system and damaged the controller. I would suggest you contact Miele for service as it may have done other damage as well.