Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

WFW9600TA00 Duet THE DISPENSER ACTUATOR opens and water flows

Customer Question

WFW9600TA00 Duet THE DISPENSER ACTUATOR opens and water flows in behind the drawer (rinse?). It doesn't put water into the soap section. I watched the actuator moving back and forth. Why doesn't it go into the soap drawer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Provided the drawer and the hoses are not clogged, the actuator motor will likely need to be replaced. I suspect it may be stripped internally. There may also be an issue with the distribution nozzle (number 13 in the diagram at the URL below). It may not be a bad idea to replace both.
http://www.partadvantage.com/lookup/152245/935742
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor turns because I can see the linkage moving but it doesn't go to the position #1. It goes to #2.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Does it ever go to position number 1, even if it keeps going to the next position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Washer started between 3 and 4 and quickly moved to 4, then 1 then all the way clockwise toward the stop, then went to 2. All within a few seconds. Water fills and it stays at 2. Water comes in behind the drawer. When wash cycle starts it goes to 1. When rinse cycle starts, it stays on 1. After 10 min.it goes to 3. All the way clockwise toward stop and back to 2. When it drains it goes from 4 to 1, clockwise then to 2. Water always goes in behind drawer? I think you may be right about part #13.
What goes wrong with #13?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It usually gets plugged up with mineral deposits or the plastic breaks and it kind of free wheels.