Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a Kenmore Ultrasoft 280 water softener. Sat while

Customer Question

Have a Kenmore Ultrasoft 280 water softener. Sat for a while with no salt in it. Added salt and adjusted the level on the panel... When hitting the recharge now button it hums for about 10 minutes then shuts off and displays err1. I am pretty handy with this stuff if I know what it should be doing but this is my girlfriends unit and I don't know it's sound and such. I have checked that the turbine is turning as it does seem to count gallons when water is flowing. I cleaned the jets and venturi but now do not know what to try from here
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The Err1 means the motor has issues. See page 5-2 of the manual at the URL below.
https://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0522346.pdf