Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge cafe dishwasher top controls,start light will not illuminate

Customer Question

Ge cafe dishwasher top controls,start light will not illuminate and does nothing when pressed.turned breaker off for 30 seconds then back on as per owners manual still nothing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If all the other buttons still respond but the start button won't give you any indication you press it---your start button on the touchpad ribbon cable has failed and will need to be replaced. This is the most common button to fail because is the most commonly pressed button. The touchpad is just an electronic sticker that sticks onto the control panel and plugs into the control board inside the door. You'll need to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug it and then peel the touchpad off with a knife and replace it. Below is a link to the part you'll need order for your model. CLICK HERE for touchpad We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?