machinc
machinc, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed home builder AC and DC electronics Circuit Reading Relay and Apparatus electronics over thirty years.
75209918

I cannot get my roast pot out of the oven because the lid is

Customer Question

I cannot get my roast pot out of the oven because the lid is being caught by the coil.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
I will have your answer in one moment
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
The coil in the oven actually unplugs. You will of course be doing this when everything is cooled down.
Slowky pull the pot forward and also pull the shelf forward at the same time. Wiggle the pot back-and-forth just a little bit and the coil shoukd unplug. You should then be able to pull the pot out of the shelf
bringing the coil with it .When you have the coil loose from the pot plug it back into the stove making sure it is securely plugged in.
I will be glad to answer any questions you might have
Customer
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
NOTE:
You may feel like you have to use a lot of force to get it loose. As long as you don't bend anything everything is all right it may require what feels like a strong pull.
Just don't forget to wiggle the coil as you pull this would require having a hand on the coil and on the pot at the same time,
Customer
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.
If there is a second shelf remove it from the oven.
With that shelf out of the way You may be able to maneuver the shelf out from under the stuck pot .
Customer