Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hey Barry, Amana fridge/freezer model arb2217csr.freezer suddenly stopped freezing. its a

Customer Question

Hey Barry,
Amana fridge/freezer model arb2217csr.freezer suddenly stopped freezing. its about 35-40 degrees. Underneath is clean. its making a slightly unusual humming noise about every few minutes.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More like a buzzing sound.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.That buzzing noise you hear is the key to your problems. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?