Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have just replaced the door lock switch on our Mod.WFW9152YW00

Customer Question

I have just replaced the door lock switch on our Mod.WFW9152YW00 But the same problem persists , the door lock but nothing happens and I get the code F6- E1 fashing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I'm not sure why you replaced the door lock for this error. To start, let me explain your error. This error code means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to somewhat guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU. The problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game. That's what makes this one of the worst errors to get. That being said, the MCU is generally the part that fails on these newer versions of Whirlpool front load washers so that is the part I'd replace first. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?