Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a PFSS5RKZASS the front board does not light up. we

Customer Question

we have a PFSS5RKZASS the front board does not light up. we changed the main control board and the dispenser board. what else can we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing that would stop the board from illuminating is the wire connection between the front board and the main board. Usually the problem is the molex connector that runs through the door hinge. Remove the door hinge cover, unplug the refrigerator, and disconnect the wire connection at the molex connector under the hinge cover. Now try to clean up the connection pins with a toothbrush and plug it back in to try again. If it still won't light up, it may not be repairable because the wire harness runs through the walls of the refrigerator and one of the wires gone bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we tried that and it did not do anything. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If nothing turns on still after both board have been replaced and the connection was checked, you just have a bad wire whether it's inside the door or through the cabinet I can not say for certain, but it would either require a new door or if it's through the cabinet it can not be repaired at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok since it was something you could not help me fix, I should not have to pay for my answer correct?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's up to you, but if a technician comes out to your house and the problem isn't fixable you still are required to pay. I am giving you my time and of course I'd like to be credited for the time I'm giving you but if you can't find it in your heart to pay because it's not something you can fix then I walk away empty handed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?