Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dryer has been running. Now another load of clothes in, close

Customer Question

Dryer has been running. Now another load of clothes in, close door, press button, humming but drum will not turn. drum does turn manually.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh by the way it is a gas dryer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you get a humming noise, either the belt is broken or the centrifugal switch built into the motor isn't resetting to engage the start winding. You'll need to take the dryer apart and ensure the belt is still connected. If so and you turn the drum and that won't reset the centrifugal switch, your entire drive motor would need to be replaced because the centrifugal switch isn't sold separately. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?