Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Why do my clothes still have a odor after being washed in whirlpool

Customer Question

Why do my clothes still have a odor after being washed in whirlpool cabrio platinum washer machine?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 1 year ago.
The Cabrio washer is a low water consumption machine and my experience with odors in clothes has been a lack of using chlorine bleach and hot water when washing white clothes, plus the over use of detergent and fabric softener.Fabric softener seals the pores of the fabric so that the detergent doesn't get into the clothes and will permanently damage micro-fiber cloth.Your complaint is probably the most common complaint I get on most of the new washers these days.Try using Borax and Arm & hammer washing soda with a very minimal amount of detergent and you will notice improved results.
If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you don't forget to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.Your deposit is "not" payment for me answering your question and you are on the honor system for rating my help and without a rating JA will "not" compensate me for my time with you.Once you rate my answer, you will then be locked into your question and you can continue asking follow-up questions if you still need assistance.