Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I contacted you a couple of months ago about a Maytag 6800

Customer Question

I contacted you a couple of months ago about a Maytag 6800 Neptune top load washer. I replaced the tub bearings and also replaced the clutch. The problem I now have is the machine will not cycle all the waY THROUGH a complete wash cycle. The digital read
out is CL. I am wondering what can be the problem with the clutch? Did I put too much torque on it?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sentthe above ? two days ago but have not received a response. Did I fail in some way. Please communicate.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Sorry for the delay in response to your question. The CL error code actually means the lid is CLosed. It can be displayed if the lid is not lifted at the end of a cycle or the lid switch is faulty. I suspect one of the lid switches is faulty.