Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a ge café side by side counter top depth. The problem

Customer Question

I have a ge café side by side counter top depth. The problem is that it works ok for a little while, then the top gets warm and the frezzer tries to compensate by getting really cold. Right now the temp is -12 on the bottom and 43 on the top. I always have to shut it down for 24-48 hours and then start it up again. Then works for a while before starting this cycle again. Major pain. It was an expensive refridge and only 5 years old. What can I do to solve this problem. I am very careful about keeping the doors shut properly. I hope I can get some helpful answers. Thank you. Helen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with an air flow issue. When it fails, can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called in a repair man and he said it was a bad "board" and he replaced it for $327.00. It seems to be running OK for now.Helen
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** continues to work.