Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Good afternoon. I'm not certain how long we have owned our

Customer Question

good afternoon. I'm not certain how long we have owned our wa5451anwxaa washer. (2-4 years.) This I'm certain of. We have a full house and average at least 6 loads of laundry a day since we have owned the washer. The majority are full large loads. I'm not a repairman but have fixed my washers and dryers over the past 20 years. I feel strongly that our PE1 code is because the clutch is on the way out. As of today, 1 out of 4 loads will run the whole cycle without throwing a code. I can not stress enough the amount of abuse this poor washer has been through. I would like to check the clutch and ultimatly repair it. This is my first upright washer without an aggitator. Also my first that will throw codes. (first washer with a brain, modern lol) I'd like to know if repairs on this washer will be complicated by sensores or the design of the washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The PE1 error is indicative of the sensor on the clutch out of position or the controller thinks it is out of position. The sensor is part of the clutch assembly, so it will probably need to be replaced as such.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Clutch/DC9715494B/3391046?rcaid=1000054