Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

No water in rinse cycle!I have a Whirlpool top load washing

Customer Question

No water in rinse cycle!
I have a Whirlpool top load washing machine that that will fill with water at the start of the cycle but once it starts the rinse cycle it will complete the cycle without any more water going into the machine. And it doesn't mater where you set the timer, that is the end of all water entering the washing machine. Already replaced the timer, water level switch, lid switch and the water inlet valve! Replacing all of these did not change the lack of water during the rinse cycle!
Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. There is not much left that could cause your problem. When you set the wash temperature to cold do you get cold water for wash? I'm asking this because all rinse temps use cold water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Both the cold and hot water work. Does anything else control the rinse water entering the machine?
During rinse, timer switch #12 closes and bypasses the water temperature switch. At that time 120vac should be going from the timer through the Yellow/Red wire to the cold water solenoid. You have replaced the timer and the valve so if it was the correct timer you would only have the wiring to check. I would use a meter to confirm 120vac during rinse fill at the Yellow/Red wire to White at the timer. If there is voltage there I would ohm out thew Yellow/Red wire from the timer to the water temperature switch and then to the water valve. Somewhere you either lose voltage or have a broken wire.