Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Super capacity 465 oven with accubake system model # *****

Customer Question

super capacity 465 oven with accubake system model # ***** oven or broiler will not light......i have power to both ignitors when turned on 120volts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon! This model has a very complex system with a DSI board (direct spark ignition board) which reads the gas valve coils and checks the resistance to make sure everything is good with the valve. This board also serves other functions like sends out the actual spark to light all the burners and cuts out the gas if it doesn’t detect the flame has ignited. If the system is working properly the bake and the broil will click three times when you turn the oven on. If you only hear one or two clicks, you have a bad DSI board or a bad gas valve. There are 3 terminals on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance from the top terminal to the middle terminal, and the middle terminal to the bottom terminal. You should get a reading of approximately 215 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a different style gas valve......i have 4 terminals 2 on each side
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK you have an earlier revision. You have glow igniters. Are the igniters glowing when they get 120 volts? And did you test power between the 2 wires going to the bake or broil element to see if you have 120 volts or did you test to ground?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power test between 2 wires.....to both broil and bake elements........bake and broil only one click......elements do not glow
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean. You say "bake and broil only one click elements do not glow". I need your full model number to see if you have glow igniters or spark igniters because what your saying isn't making anything clearer. Your model has a number at the end of it and I need that to see what revision you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to confuse you i mean when i turn on bake or broil i hear one click....model number GS395LEGO 1.........i have glow igniters
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect thank you that works. And the model number is ***** GS395LEGQ1 . If you're 100% certain you have 120 volts between the 2 wires going to the igniters and the igniters aren't glowing, you have 2 bad igniters. Nothing else can cause the problem. If the gas valve was bad that can stop the igniters from glowing but then you'd have 120 volts to ground but not between the 2 wires. Below is a link to the igniters you'll need to order and you need 2 of them. CLICK HERE for igniter We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?