Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Frigidaire Affinity front loading washer refuses to start all indicators are lit except

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Affinity front loading washer refuses to start all indicators are lit except for the door lock. The dispenser is closed.
it worked beautifully previously.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the lock light won't turn on and the asher won't start a cycle, it sounds like your door lock has just failed and would need to be replaced. Be sure that the 2 plastic prongs on the door itself aren't broken, but other than that replace the door latch. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model. CLICK HERE for door latch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?