Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a maytag bravos top load. I frequently get a LD code

Customer Question

i have a maytag bravos top load. I frequently get a LD code for long drain.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far I have pulled the drain pump but found nothing clogged. if you cancel the cycle, the pump runs and empties the tub. because of this, I replaced the main control board, but i still have the same issue
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. AS you mention the code is for Long Drain and also what you looked for is often the problem. This leaves us with either something in the tub or another issue with the drain hoses. Can you describe where the drain hose goes after it leaves the washer and hoy high it goes off the floor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the drain hose is clear, and it is about as high as the top of the washer. this isnt a new install and has worked well for the last 5 or 6 years.
additionally, if i cancel the cycle the pump runs and drains the tub thats why i thought it was a control board and replaced it.
I understand and agree. The washer code is generated by the control and although you did not give the model number I believe yours has the water level control built into the main control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the model #MVWB750WQ0
Thanks, ***** ***** control has water level buit in. All I can suggest it to look for damage to the 1/4 pressure hose and pull it off and blow down through the hose to clear any debris that may be loose inside. Lastly, snip 1/4" off the end and reinstall on the control. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok... Thanks. Project for next weekend. I'll be in touch.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Dave I am following up from last weekend I trimmed a little bit off of the water level control airline but I still have the long drain issue
If the pump can drain the washer quickly and the air pressure system to the control is clear I can't think of anything else but the control that could cause this since the water level control is built in but since you already replaced the control we must have missed something.you don't see any spot on the air hose with damage? Either a leak or a pinch.