Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a KitchenAid KSSC36QMS01 refrigerator in my vacation

Customer Question

Hi! I have a KitchenAid KSSC36QMS01 refrigerator in my vacation home.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In January, a renter reported the fridge seals were hot, and a technician from A&E Factory Service went in and diagnosed the following for a $75 fee. Condensor fan not running; no 120V to fan. Need to replace main board. Board not available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In googling now, I see that Sears sells a board that is guaranteed compatible with the fridge model.Yesterday, my housekeeper reported the fridge is not cool at all. I need to figure out whether to try another repair, and how to go about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(searspartsdirect.com has the control board as Refrigerator Electronic Control Board Part #:(###) ###-#### ***** $82.03.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Does the freezer work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. Just texted my housekeeper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She did say they reset the fridge and it was still at 70 degrees after several hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freezer not working either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparently there was a message inside the fridge door which kept saying "power overload - reset"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They pressed the reset buttons; but nothing happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Okay then this would be the control board. The one that they said would work does not look the same. You could get it on their word and try it and if not send it back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it likely it's just the control board, or do you think the compressor has also failed due to overheating?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
I would think the compressor has failed as well and it might just be the compressor. Does it try to run at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can we tell if compressor is trying to run?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
Here is a place that you can get a refurbished control board. The compressor should click if it is trying to start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the compressor sounds like it's starting, then it stops and no cooling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site you mention does not sell a refurbished control board; they require you to send in your control board which they will refurbish and send back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's going to be beyond my housekeeper's expertise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.
If the compressor sounds like its starting then the problem is the starter relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?? My issue is NOT resolved.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
I see the last person has opted out of your question.The issue is the servicer told you that you need the main control board .And the Sears part you gave #2259350 is NOT the main board it is the power supply board .The main control board is no longer available from the manufacture.But you can have some one remove the control board and sent it away and have the control board rebuilt .Here is a link to one of those companies . I too use this company and have never had to send a board back a second time.http://www.fixyourboard.com/boards/W10219463.htmlThey are showing a cost of $220.00 to rebuild the control board.And just so you are aware your model has 5 separate electronic control boards in it .And when the main control board does not power the condensing fan motor that causes the compressor to get too hot and it shuts off stopping all cooling it will come back on but when the compressor over heats it will then shut off again .this will eventually damage the compressor also .If you have any questions just replay back .