Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosh Dishwasher that leaks during the wash cycle'

Customer Question

I have a Bosh Dishwasher that leaks during the wash cycle` does not happen all the time. I have made sure that the spin arms are not blocked however, when i open door I can see that the arm is shooting water out is a solid stream. I am very furstrated as the dealer has gone out of business and no local repair men seem to know how to work on Bosh or want to work on it!
Very frustrated as thought I was getting one of the best! Need to get leaking stopped.
Also sometimes i have water setting in the bottom of the dishwasher Who can i contact in the 47220 area southern Indiana
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Where are you seeing the dishwasher leak exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
out the bottom of the door
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so it sounds like your electronic water valve is sticking open which is a common problem with the dishwasher. That will cause the tub to fill up with too much water and then it won't drain out completely and it can leak out the bottom of the door from the tub being too full. The valve is mounted behind the kick panel below the door in the front left corner of the dishwasher. Below is a link to the valve you'll need to order and replace. CLICK HERE for valve We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am waiting to see if my handy man agrees and wants to order that part ~ will get back with you when i hear from him!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK... A handy man isn't going to know anything about this dishwasher. I have been trained by Bosch and have a much better gasp of what can cause a problem on your dishwasher than any handyman would so regardless of what he says you need to replace the valve. I have given you my time and expertise and that is what you paid for. Please honor your side of the agreement as well.