Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an old DE406 Maytag dryer. I'm having trouble reconnecting

Customer Question

I have an old DE406 Maytag dryer. I'm having trouble reconnecting the right wires to the motor switch terminals. Confused about which wire goes where.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The wires are color coded. There are dots on the motor switch that correspond to the wire colors. Is the sticker on the motor switch missing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sticker is not color coded. Only numbered. Attached to the motor, switch facing out, on left hand side starting at top connectors, numbered 6,3 and 1; on right hand side, starting at top connectors, numbered 5,4 and 2. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
See the image at the URL below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think my switch is a little different. It is a 102AC, 3ASM9D183. And wires from the motor are blue, orange and black. Wires from the harness are white, yellow, blue, red and green. Thanks