Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a 10 year old Miele Incognito dishwasher (G 843 SC VI)

Customer Question

Have a 10 year old Miele Incognito dishwasher (G 843 SC VI) used only on weekends. When I press the cycle button on the top panel and close the door, the starting mechanism does not kick in. The top of the door seems to be less snug against the unit than usual. Can you help? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door latch assembly is probably broken or the relay on the electronic is faulty and not actuating the door latch. Are you able to perform some electrical testing and disassembly to access the latch and electronic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** probably can if you can direct me, unless I need something other than a normal screwdriver. Let me know what the testing/dissemble involves.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The complete service manual is available below. See page 55. CLICK HERE