Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Larry, We have a 1997 GE Mogogram built in Fridge that has

Customer Question

Hi Larry, We have a 1997 GE Mogogram built in Fridge that has stopped cooling the refrigerated side and wont get cool enough to freeze on the freezer side... all the fans seem to be working... cant locate the coils to see if they are frosted over ? any suggestions ?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, the service manual for this model does not match the physical appearance of our model so some of the repair / service pics do not match with areas needed to access for repair.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The evaporator coil is at the top of the freezer compartment. There is a small removable panel up there with slots in it. Can you carefully place your fingers through the slots in the front to see if you can feel ice or frost built up on the coil? Be careful, the edges can be sharp. I suspect you have a defrost issue blocking air flow.