Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Good morning Jon, my electrolux refrigerator indicates a power

Customer Question

Good morning Jon, my electrolux refrigerator indicates a power failure, and is not working. This happened 2 days ago and when we pressed the alarm off button it started working again. Now when we unplug and plug back the fan runs for a few seconds and stops. Sometimes the compressor seems to try to come on, but only for a second.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. If the refrigerator will only turn on for a few seconds, something is failing on your main control board and the main control board would need to be ordered and replaced I'm sorry to say. The main control board is located under the refrigerator in a plastic box and it has been redesigned so you need to order part number(###) ###-####which is about $135. Just remove the kick/vent panel below the doors to access the board for replacement.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?