Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool Partner 1 dishwasher. It is stuck with

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Partner 1 dishwasher. It is stuck with the "clean" light on and continually flashing. I have tried several suggested button pushing combinations but the dishwasher still will not reset. The water heater is on high and the water coming out of the faucet next to the dishwasher is hot. What next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your dishwasher, working together I hope we can figure the problem out for you.Take a close look at the flashing light and see if you can see a sequence to the flashes. eg. blink, blink, blink. pause 2 secs then blink, blink,blinkCount the number of blinks between the pauses
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did this and sent you the answer - 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, etc. I keep getting asked to pay again, and I still do not have a resolution to my problem. Please respond to me in email at***@******.***. This on line stuff is not working!!! I am VERY DISSATISFIED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well???????????? Some conversation please!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Asking for refund. You guys suck!
I am answering several people at once. I would ask for your patience, but if you would like not to continue I would understand. I can not see what the system is prompting you. There is no charge until we finish our chat.Please state your wishesThanks
If you would like to continue, I need for you to supply the model number off the label on the door frame
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
The clean light flashing 7 times is an error code indicating an issue with the wash temperature. If the control does not detect a 4*F temperature rise in the main wash cycle, it will display the fault as the clean light flashing 7 times. There are several things that could cause the water not to heat, including the water being too hot coming in, an open door switch, or a faulty component in the heater circuit. The most common cause is the door switch not closing properly. This can be due to a loading issue or a latch issue. If upon visual inspection of the heating element no obvious defects are found, I would recommend resetting the control and running another cycle, paying close attention to door closure. If the light begins flashing again, you likely have a component failure. The heat circuit consists of several components including the element, control, door switch and tub thermostat(s).
Press the following buttons within 5 seconds to reset the control.
Hi Temp Wash--No Heat Dry--Hi Temp Wash--No Heat Dry
Use Sani Rinse or Air Dry if you do not have the buttons above.
Once all of the lights come on, allow 30 seconds then press cancel and run a normal cycle.