Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Is broken,

Customer Question

Hi ***** is broken,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you have a flashing Intake/Drain light. If so and you have verified water supply and drainage is okay, the issue likely lies with the heater pressure switch. What exactly is your dishwasher doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the answer.
The dishwasher is draining water at the beginning at the cycle, but after few minutes starts blinking the intake/drain light. then it seams to be doing something , or humming but the water doesn't flow in.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That would be an issue with the water inlet, or Waterproof System, as it is called on the Miele dishwashers. If you are certain the water is on to the machine, that part will likely need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is Waterproof system? is this the box at the end of intake hose. Can I use regular hose or connect/disconnect wires in the box to test that this part is defective?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is, the entire hose assembly. It cannot be bypassed, there are sensors that report back to the control in there with the valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant just to test that this is a problem.
If not possible, can I buy this part and return it if it doesn't help?
Where can I buy it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You can test it by measuring the voltage at the water inlet valve under the sink in the hose assembly. If it is humming or buzzing or you can measure the voltage and it is present but no water, it is faulty. The part is available from Miele by calling 1-***-***-****.