Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Nexgrill (Jenn-Air) burners does not ignite. Installed new

Customer Question

My Nexgrill (Jenn-Air) burners does not ignite. Installed new propane tank. Igniters work fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the pressure is very low if you have verified spark and LP tank is full. If you light a burner with a match, does it burn very, very low? If so, the regulator and hose assembly will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Burners do not ignite at all - non of them. I am getting flame only on the gas igniters. What could happen to the hose assembly and the regulator? Last time I used it a year ago, and after all, I am using this grille just a few times per year. How can it get bad (plugged hoses or regulator?) when it sits under the cover when not in use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pl. note, my phone #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If it has sat without being used for an extended period, look at the gas fittings and tubes for spider webs. They like to build webs in there and it will block the gas flow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will try it to check it out and clean as needed tomorrow. By the way, why am I getting charged additional $$, when the total charge was initially set at $16?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see anything other than this thread, so I am not sure what the charges are. You will have to contact customer service regarding that. I only have access to what you see here, basically just the question and answer thread, I am very sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the way, no need for you to call. The auto message stated that no technician is available to call anyway. I will check hoses out and will let you know the results tomorrow.Have a good night.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you! Have a great night!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,
I disconnected the regulator and checked it and the connected hose. Air is easily flowing through when I blowing by mouth into it. I do not see or feel any obstruction for the air flow. Is there any other reason why gas pressure is so low at the burner?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It has to be a regulator issue if the hose is clear.