Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I bought a Lello Musso Lussino 4080 ice cream machine

Customer Question

Hi - I bought a Lello Musso Lussino 4080 ice cream machine and unfortunately, it is not making ice cream. The bowl does chill, and the blade turns as expected, but the bowl does not stay cold enough to freeze the ice cream. The side of the machine also gets very hot during operation, which leads me to think it is overheating and negating the cooling. During one batch, the machine shut off after about 45 minutes and needed a "rest" before it would run again.
Any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot the exact problem? It was an expensive machine but is not under warranty, so I'd like to repair it myself, if possible.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The heat is likely a factor in the machine not operating properly. Can you tell if the churning motor is getting hot or the compressor? I suspect the motor but will need confirmation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly - Thanks for responding.No, it is something in the chilling cycle that is heating up. I ran just the chill function and the side of the machine became hot from that alone. The bowl does get very cold, but I suspect it is not cold enough because the ice cream never firms up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When it cools, it has to dissipate the heat it draws from the bowl. I wonder if there is blockage somewhere. Can you post a picture of the internal components?