John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Wtw5500xw3 unit ony drains when put into drain and spin

Customer Question

wtw5500xw3 unit ony drains when put into drain and spin manually
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? so what id anything does the washer do in a automatic cycle when it gets to a drain and then a drain and spin mode?Are you seeing any flashing lights on the console?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO FLASHING LIGHTS wtw5500xw3
so what if anything does the washer do in a automatic cycle when it gets to a drain and then a drain and spin mode?
and is the lid locking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST STOPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Ok lets run a diagnostics on the unit.1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). NOTE: After initial power is applied, wait 10 seconds before activating Service Diagnostic Test Modes.2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one or more clicks to clear sequence.a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.d. Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click and wait ½ second.e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click. Successful activation of Diagnostic Test Modes will be indicated by all status LEDs (except for Lid Locked) flashing ON and OFF in half-second intervals. NOTE: LED names may vary between makes and models . There are several accessible Diagnostic Test Modes We want to have just the DONE light on and nothing else.Press the START button to enter desired mode of operationPress the START button to enter Fault Code Display Mode.The status LEDs will flash ON and OFF and “cl” is displayed on the 7-segment (if display exists).1. To view last 4 fault codes: Turn cycle selector knob clockwise to view fault codes in the order of most recent to oldest.NOTE: A fault/error code will be removed from memory if it does not reoccur after 10 consecutive wash cycles. Fault/error codes are displayed by alternating the state of the Status LEDs and display (if exists).All fault/error codes have an F# ***** an E#. The F# ***** the suspect System/Category and the E# ***** the suspect Component system.If the Sensing, Prewash, and/or Soak LEDs are ON, the Fault Number is *****; if OFF, the Error Number is ***** (see example below). The remaining LEDs (Wash, Rinse, Spin, and Done) represent the fault and error code in binary.Let me know which lights are on .You should have the F segment then a pause and then E segment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL CHK THAT AND LET YOU KNW
ok no problem !Yes look to see what lights are on and write then down it will pause and give you other light or lights and let me know.